Support your family’s immune system this cold and flu season, with three organic essential oil blends that will also protect them from harmful exposure to toxins.
It’s that time of year again, when we look at how we can best boost our family’s immune system to combat the cold and flu season. With the recent COVID-19 outbreaks around the world, we are perhaps even more conscious of keeping our immune systems strong than we ever have been before. The weather is already starting to cool down, and many Australians are preparing for the return to school and work. Whilst it’s important to be eating well, exercising regularly, and maintaining good hygiene in the preparation for the winter months, another way to maximise our family’s health is with certified organic natural oils.
I have been diffusing essential oils in my home for years now! The right essential oil blends can help boost my children’s immune system in winter, as well as relieve congestion and respiratory infections should they fall ill. There are lots of ways I use essential oils to boost my family’s immune systems – in addition to diffusing the oils, I often put a few drops in the shower, use them to make chest rubs, or making cleaning products to disinfect high-traffic areas.
Below are the three essential oil blends I use to support my family’s immune system in winter, as well as some tips for how to use each one.
The Immune Boost essential oil blend brings together five powerful oils that are great for cleansing, purifying, and supporting the immune system. It’s a fabulous oil for easing congestion, purifying the air, and keeping your family strong.
This oil blend contains eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, lemon, and laurel leaf essential oils.
How To Use:
- Add 2-3 drops in the diffuser of your choice (view our range of diffusers here) and place them throughout your home. This is an especially good oil to diffuse in areas where elderly or young family members spend time, or in bedrooms at night.
- Place 2-3 drops in a warm bath with fractionated coconut oil or Dr Bronner’s liquid castile soap (so it doesn’t float on top of the water).
SPECIAL OFFER: If you order a Lively Living Aroma-Dream diffuser we’ll throw in a FREE bonus 10ml bottle of Immune Boost Blend for you. Shop special offer here.
If you’re wanting to eliminate harmful bacteria and viruses, then you’ll want to give the Protection Blend essential oil a go. It combines the anti-inflammatory properties of eucalyptus with the anti-microbial, anti-fungal, antiviral, and antiseptic qualities of clove bud. These two powerhouse oils join forces with sweet orange, cinnamon bark, lemon, and rosemary oil to create an uplifting and energising aroma that improves immunity and alleviates anxiety too.
How To Use:
- Add 2-3 drops in the diffuser of your choice (view our range of diffusers here) to help purify the air.
- Add a few drops to a cloth and wipe down door handles, keyboards, mobile phones, remote controls, light switches – any surface that’s frequently touched.
- Add 10 drops to a spray bottle filled with half white vinegar and half purified water. Mist high traffic areas to help eliminate harmful bacteria and viruses.
SPECIAL OFFER: If you order a Lively Living Aroma Bloom diffuser (in a selection of colours) we’ll throw in a FREE bonus 15ml bottle of Protection Blend for you. Shop special offer here.
Winter Rescue Remedy
The Winter Rescue Remedy provides great support and relief to respiratory and breathing-related cold and flu symptoms. Containing eucalyptus, tea tree, and lavender, it has all the goods to help combat congestion, sinus and breathing issues (e.g. runny noses and coughs), whilst also soothing and calming the body ready for a good nights sleep.
How To Use:
- Place 3 – 5 drops in the base of your shower in the morning to relieve any tension as you start your day (this also helps discourage bacteria).
- Add 2-3 drops in the diffuser of your choice (view our range of diffusers here) to help relieve congestion and promote a peaceful night’s sleep.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle filled with water to create an anti-bacterial surface cleaner.
- Add 3 – 5 drops to 5ml of fractionated coconut oil to create a natural respiratory rub. Massage into the chest, back, or feet to cleanse the body of toxins and to assist with easy breathing.
DIY WINTER BOX
Get cozy, breathe easy and keep your health strong throughout Winter with this seasonal DIY Aromatherapy box. You will learn how to use each of the essential oils included in the box with the included aromatherapy handbook. From preventing cold & flu, easing digestion and practicing mindfulness, essential oils can help support your health & wellbeing during the colder season.
How To Use:
- Diffuser: Add 6-8 drops to your diffuser.
- Massage: use a 2.5% dilution; 50 drops per 100ml carrier oil.
- Bath: add 2 to 3 drops, in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath.
- Shower: Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and benefit from steam inhalation.
- Topically: Mix 1 drop with 5ml carrier oil and apply to wrists and back of the neck as needed.
WHICH ESSENTIAL OIL WILL YOU USE THIS WINTER?
Pin this image below to Pinterest!