Thank you to reader Tara for sharing her Zesty Chicken with Ricotta & Zucchini Penne recipe. She shared her families weekly meal plan with me a few weeks ago and the Zesty Chicken with Ricotta & Zucchini Penne really caught my eye, it sounds delicious!
Please share what you are having this week for dinner, it’s great seeing what other families cook!
Tara’s weekly meal plan
zesty chicken with ricotta and zuchinni penne (see recipe below)
image credit: hello fresh
beef massaman curry on rice
vra-na-meer-hoender (south african dish which is basically chicken in chutney with mayonnaise) on mash with greens
beef and eggplant bolognese pasta bake with salad
the pasta bake took 2 1/2 hours to cook so lucky I checked the night before and prepped it
fajitas cooked at the beach
I cook 5 nights a week and we have left overs on the other two nights (or occasionally go out for dinner)
Zesty Chicken with Ricotta & Zucchini Penne
- 400 g penne pasta
- 4 chicken breasts (diced)
- 2 lemon, zested & juiced
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 4 zucchini, quartered longways and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tub light ricotta
- 2 small handfuls mint, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to packet, when draining reserve some of the cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking toss the chicken in the lemon zest and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add the zucchini and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through but still crunchy.
- Stir through the ricotta, mint, and lemon juice.
- Add the drained pasta to the cooking pot and stir through lemon juice.
- Loosen with a little of the pasta cooking water if required.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
this recipe has been adapted from the hello fresh recipe.
What is on your meal plan this week?
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.