It is getting cool in the evenings, I love the slowcooker for making warm casseroles. I’ve been trying some of the recipes from Sarah Wilsons I Quit Sugar Slow Cooker Cookbook. The recipes are budget friendly, delicious and very easy to put together.
This Slow Cooker Cookbook is perfect if you’re looking for:
- Easy recipes for novices or slow-cooker aficionados.
- Delicious and nutritious “dude food” for the men in your life.
- “Dump and Run” recipes that can be prepared in the morning and are ready to eat by dinnertime.
- Moist cakes and desserts – sugar free of course!
- Tips and tricks on how to rework leftovers into new, delicious meals.
- Information on the cheapest and most sustainable cuts of meat for slow cooking.
- Handy conversion widgets, substitution charts plus a shopping list generator.
This weeks meal plan
Slow Cooker Hungarian Goulash, recipe from I Quit Sugar Slow Cooker Cookbook. With a slice of bread for dipping.
In the cookbook Sarah mentioned this recipe has beautiufl memories of her childhood. Her mum used to make it in a large cast-iron pot and take it on their camping trips, sitting at her feet in the front seat of the car. It was always their first meal when at the camping grounds.
Fish and Tomato Casserole, with sweet potato fries and steamed brocolli
I just added whatever vegetables I had in the fridge, pumpkin, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, so many delcious vegetables!
Chinese takeaway with family
My new favourite Italian recipe is one we watched Isabella Bliss, winner of Australian Junior Masterchef, cook while we were on holidays a few years ago. The kids helped Isabella make the gnocchi and I really enjoyed the eggplant in the sauce. It was so good we had to try making it when we came home and have made it so many times since.
I love Anzac biscuits and eat them all year round, however, I dod make a beautiful batch over the Anzac weekend. Find loads of recipes here, from traditional, healthy, gluten free and more.
What is on your meal plan this week?
Please share to help inspire others.