Aah, the dreaded “what’s for lunch today mum” will be back in full play soon. Sometimes I find lunches are really hard to keep fun and exciting. From the comments and emails I have been receiving you all need help in this area. So I have put together some ideas to help you. Like last year, I will continue posting lunchbox ideas each Tuesday for you. You will find last years Lunchbox Ideas HERE.
Here are some more Kids School Lunch Ideas:
- Egg, lettuce and mayo (add a bit of curry to be adventurous)
- Ham, cheese, spinach leaves, carrot and tomato
- Roast meat, tomato and cheese
- Avocado, chicken and lettuce
- Lettuce with Vegemite or Promite
- Peanut butter and sultanas
- Chicken, carrot and cheese
- Turkey, bean sprouts and cranberry sauce
- Tuna, corn kernels and mayo
Ideas instead of bread
- Bread rolls, with fillings like above
- Hot dog shaped bread rolls, with fillings like above
- Rice cakes
Tip – Place meat on one slice of bread and lettuce on other with all other salads in between to prevent the bread from getting too soggy
- Pasta Salad
- Fried Rice
- Noodle Salad – Chicken 2min noodles, chicken, carrots, capsicum, onion (all diced) and shredded spinach leaves with a little drizzle of soy sauce
- Garden salad
- Kiwi fruit
- mandarin segments
- Fruit tubs
- Dried fruit
- Cubed cheese
- Cubed cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks with cheese spread
- Boiled egg
- Sliced deli meat
- Mini muffins, savory or fruit
- Homemade muesli bars
- Fruit bites
I have taken some photo’s of after school snacks I have made for my kids to eat while at their afternoon sport activity.
Reduce your cost and purchase a tub of yoghurt and pour into individual portions. Here we have vanilla yoghurt and strawberries
Rice crackers & cheese. You could also add to this some diced or sliced ham.
Cherry tomatoes, olives and cubed cheese, my son loves this.
Another saving, all items here were purchased in larger quantities (eg, 1kg of sultanas, box of tiny teddies) and made into individual servings. No need to buy little packets. Here we have sultanas with Tiny Teddies, Nutri-grain and rice bubbles.