In partnership with Woolworths
With the kids returning back to school and it still being cool outside I thought you might enjoy some hot school lunch ideas that you can pack the kids. I find throughout the year I tend to pack the same food, which the kids can at times get tired of. Thankfully winter allows a little variety as I use a thermos to keep the food warm.
HOW TO USE A THERMOS
- Warm up thermos by filling it with boiling water
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes. DO NOT place the lid on during this process.
- Empty water.
- Fill Thermos with desired hot contents.
- Secure lid tight, place in lunch bag and remember to include a spoon/fork.
FIND: This Michelle Bridges Food Flask at Woolworths and more great kids thermos’s here.
SAVE $$ AT WOOLWORTHS – EXCLUSIVE COUPON CODE
I’m excited to be partnering with Woolworths over the next few months to share some of my top tips when shopping, meal planning and helping to find great food savings. I have an exclusive coupon code for all of The Organised Housewife community:
When you place your next online order of $160* or more and organise to pick up in store you’ll get $15 off!!
*excluding liquor & tobacco
SHOP: Woolworths Lunch Box Bundles.
HOT SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS YOU CAN PACK IN THE THERMOS
Get the kids involved in making their lunches – not only is it a great help but it can also get them to appreciate the efforts and the food so they may be more likely to eat it. I have included links to both my homemade recipes and convenient premade/quick to prepare versions.
5. Cocktail Frankfurts /Cheerios – heat them up and remember to include dipping sauce – Premade
6. Baked Beans or Spaghetti – a super quick lunch idea – Premade
10. Ravioli – This are a super quick and easy, without sauce allows the kids to use their fingers – Premade
13. Chicken Fingers/Nuggets – similar to the sausage rolls, heat them up and remember to include dipping sauce. You may find they won’t be crunchy, but the kids will still love them – Premade
14. Leftovers – really, you can practically add anything to the thermos!
What hot food do your kids like for lunch?
This post is run in accordance with my disclosure policy.