This is a guest post by Jessica Donovan from Energetic Mama
Christmas pudding is a tradition in many families but can be heavy after a big Christmas dinner. This lighter, raw version has the flavours of a traditional pudding but is more suitable for the hot summers in the southern hemisphere and is much more nutritious. It is simple to make with no cooking required at all.
Raw Christmas puddings
- 8 medjool dates
- 150g dried apricots (sulphur free)
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Blitz dates and apricots in a high speed blender, remove into a mixing bowl and add orange zest, juice and spices.
- Blend nuts until small pieces (I like to leave some texture). Mix nuts with wet mixture and press into mini muffin moulds
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours, remove carefully, leave upside down and top with melted white chocolate and a fresh raspberry.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
Jessica Donovan is a woman’s holistic health expert who helps mums get their sparkle back and become a more energetic, calm and joyful version of themselves. She is a one stop shop for all things nutrition, stress and hormone related. Jessica combines her deep naturopathic knowledge with a realistic, empathetic, inspiring and down to earth approach to empower women to look after themselves and take charge of their own wellbeing. You can find her online space Energetic Mama here.