A quick, easy and super tasty Christmas Oat Biscuits recipe that also seconds as an adorable handmade gift idea when bundled into a DIY cookie kit.
My entire family love these Christmas Oats Biscuit! The cookies are delicious, they’re super quick and easy to make (you can whip them up in under half an hour!), plus they make a fabulous handmade gift idea for Christmas time too!
These Christmas Oat Biscuits also make the cutest gift! Simply pop all the ingredients into a mason jar (or I use old Moccona Jars), then jazz it up with a pretty bow and label to make the most adorable DIY cookie kit gift idea for friends, family, or even your children’s teachers! You can grab the cookie jar labels here.
CHRISTMAS OAT BISCUITS
- 115g butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Christmas m&m’s
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- In an electric mixture, beat butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla essence, mix until combined.
- Sift flour into bowl, gently mix to combine.
- Add oats, m&m’s and choc chips, fold through mixture.
- Roll tablespoon of mixture into balls, flatten slightly.
- Place on baking tray, leave 5cm between each.
- Bake biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Rest on tray for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
**NEW** SILICONE BAKING TRAY 30cm x 22cm
I have just started using these Silicone Baking Trays and I have to tell you they are amazing! A few years ago I stopped using baking paper, instead using silicone mats, kinder on the environment and also saves $$, but these silicone trays take it another step further. I love them so much I am now stocking them in my shop.
Silicone Baking Tray Features:
- Measures 30cm x 22cm
- High-quality silicone
- Sturdy steel reinforced frame
- Naturally non stick
- Oven safe to 220 degrees celcius
- BPA free
- Fridge, freezer and dishwasher safe
CHRISTMAS COOKIES PRINTABLE LABEL
Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar is a fabulous homemade gift idea. Look no further for a creative handmade gift idea for your friends, kids teachers, family, neighbours, work colleagues. The gift of a DIY kit, so they can make their own batch of Christmas cookies (or biscuits). Decorate your Jar with these labels.
Instantly download and print these labels. Use double sided tape place them onto jars of Christmas cookie mix.
Click here for details on how to make mix.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS RECIPE! – If you’ve tried this Christmas Oat Biscuits recipe, please leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my newsletters with latest recipes or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK ,INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.