Follow along on instagram with hashtag #declutter52
My definition of purge – sell, donate, repurpose or throw away items as you see fit
The Plastics Cupboard in the Kitchen
I find it’s the one cupboard that just can’t stay tidy… the plastics cupboard. I find that when someone’s in a rush and putting away the clean dishes the items get thrown in, not in the right spot, then it looks a mess. Then the next time dishes are put away things are thrown in again and it gets out of control.
The key to keeping it organised is knowing that really in a rush or not, it only takes a few extra seconds to put items in the correct place, then it stays tidy. Having a few items to help you keep everything tidy and organised will help, you can see what I use below.
Todays task is to:
- Look at your cupboard and see what’s not working, eg lids all over the place, baking dishes not stacking properly.
- Determine what items you don’t need in the cupboard, declutter and purge (please see my definition of purge at the top of the page).
- Remove everything from the cupboard, grouping like items together. Eg, baking dishes together, lunch boxes together etc.
- If needed place a few storage products in your cupboard to help you keep it organised
- Place items you don’t use often towards the back.
- When placing items back into the cupboard keep group items together
I pulled out all the items I no longer want in my cupboard, not sure how everything fit in there before
I use two of the Ikea Variera shelf inserts at the back of the cupboard to store items I don’t use often and to easily be able to see whats back there, it also makes it easier to reach and grab. These shelves are super cheap $5.95 each.
I use this 2 tier basket from Big W to hold all my lids. Keeps them all contained and tidy.
For all the little bits and pieces such as dip containers and plastic cutlery the kids use for school I keep in this plastic 4 drawer unit, I found this at Bunnings a few years ago.
Finally, I use a basket which I found at the Reject Shop a few years ago to keep all my baking dishes from falling everywhere
What items are you purging from your plastics cupboard today?
I would like to see a photo of your purge pile on Instagram, use the hashtag #declutter52
Please join the Declutter Challenge, I truly hope that together we can make a difference in your home