How to remove stains and hard water scale from toilets. Toilets can unfortunately develop staining and a build up of mineral scale in the bottom of the toilet bowl, however there is an easy way to get rid of it.
If you live in an area with hard water, your toilets can develop a build up of mineral deposits, such as calcium, magnesium lime among others. This build up of minerals or hard water scale leaves an unsightly permanent brown stain at the bottom of the toilet bowl, that you just can’t get rid of no matter how much you clean the toilet.
We now have an amazing product, Bar Keepers Friend Toilet Bowl Cleaner available in my shop Organised HQ that easily removes built up stains from toilets in just five minutes. It is also safe to use with septic systems.
Bar Keepers Friend Toilet Bowl Cleaner is really one of those products that has to be seen to believed in how well it works. If you have built up staining and mineral deposits in your toilet it is rather visually awful and can make you feel a little embarrassed when you have guests visit. Now you can easily clean it away. Have a look at the amazing feedback, and before/after photo from a lovely member of the community.
OH MY GOSH! I’M IN LOVE…When we bought our house there was this ‘permanent’ build-up in the toilets. I had tried every product on the market even CLR for 2 full days…when I saw the Keepers Friends toilet bowl cleaner at Organised HQ I just had to try and…. 5 mins, little scrub and WHAT… IT WORKED?! I was so gobsmacked. I have never loved a cleaning product so much; I was sceptical but so pleasantly surprised with how well it worked and the time it took too. Clare
How to remove hard water stains from a toilet:
- Clean the toilet as you normally would. This way you can see the where the permanent staining is.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves and apply Bar Keepers Friend Toilet Bowl Cleaner generously to the inside of the toilet bowl. Making sure to get all sides of the toilet bowl and under the rim.
- Let it soak for at least five minutes. Do not close toilet lid.
- Scrub entire bowl thoroughly with a toilet brush, in particular where the staining is, and flush.
- You may need to repeat this process to remove some remnants of staining.
- Rinse toilet brush thoroughly in fresh water after use.
Bar Keepers Friend Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Clean and deodorize your toilet. Easily remove stains and hard water build up.
Bar Keepers Friend Toilet Bowl Cleaner only requires 5 minutes to help to dissolve hard water stains and restore shine. The angled spout allows for easy under-the-rim application, and the extra-thick formula clings to the bowl for maximum cleaning power.
For extremely stained toilets:
- Switch off the water supply to the toilet.
- Use a plunger to remove the majority of the water, leaving a small amount in the bowl.
- Repeat the cleaning process above.