It’s important to regularly clean and sterilise your brush and combs to keep away little nasties (especially in kids hair brushes, such as nits) and clean away buildup from hair products, dandruff, dirt and skin particles that may build up over time.
Here is how I clean our hair brushes and combs:
- Remove all hair from brushes
- Place brushes and combs in dish big enough to hold all our brushes
- Cover brushes with hot water (not boiling)
- Add 1 tablespoon of dish detergent and 1 tablespoon of vinegar . The vinegar is used to kill any bacteria and germs.
- Allow to sit for one hour or over night
- Rinse each brush under running water to remove dirt build up and soap
- You could use an old toothbrush to remove build up from in between comb
- Shake away excess water and allow to dry the brushes and comb on a towel
- Wash dish throughly
- Repeat once a month or when you feel necessary
7 THINGS I DO EACH DAY TO KEEP THE HOME CLEAN AND ORGANISED
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive blog updates in our inbox + this FREE eBook sharing some of my top tips that you can adapt in your own home.