The bathtub is used to clean ourselves and it too gets dirty and needs a clean to remove the soap scum, limescale, mineral deposit, body oil, dust and dirt as it’s hard to clean ourselves or the kids in a dirty bath, so we need to keep it clean. I’ve put together some tips on how to easily clean the bathtub.
To naturally clean the bathtub, so those that bathe in it are safe and free from chemicals and toxins.
- Remove all toys, cleaning clothes, toiletries from the tub.
- Wet the entire surface of the bathtub.
- Sprinkle bicarb over the bottom of the tub.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water (1/2 cup baking soda and 1-2 tablespoons water).
- Use a cloth to apply paste to the dirt ring around bathtub, sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray the entire tub with vinegar, watch it fizz!!
- Use a cloth to scrub away the dirt, working in a circular motion to remove the stubborn stains, use an old toothbrush to get into hard spots.
- Rinse tub, and use a clean cloth to wipe over. Now your tub should be sparkling clean!
Cleaning a bathtub with a commercial product, I recommend using Gumption where I mention creating a paste in the steps above, it’s an effective way to remove hard water stains and soap scum easily.
To clean a spa bath, to remove built up dirt in the jets
- Sprinkle baking soda around the jets
- Fill a little cup with vinegar.
- Using a toothbrush dipped in the vinegar clean around the jets. Don’t rinse.
- Fill the spa bath with warm water, to cover the jets.
- Pour 2-3 cups of vinegar into the water.
- Run the jets for 3-5 minutes.
- Empty, then wipe over the tub with some all-purpose cleaner.
More Bathroom Cleaning Tips…
My Quick Bathroom Cleaning Tip – Learn how to make quick work out of cleaning your bathroom, taps and sinks with this efficient and quick bathroom cleaning tip. Read my quick bathroom cleaning tip here.
How to clean rubber bath toys – Mould inside of the kids bath toys is horrid, follow these steps I share on how to clean rubber bath toys. Click here to read how to clean rubber bath toys.
How to clean a shower head – When your shower head starts to do random squirts you don’t need to buy a new one, just give it a good clean. Check out these tips on how to clean a shower head removing the build up of mineral deposits which are clogging it up and affecting your water flow. Read how to clean a shower head here.