I don’t know about you but my washing line get’s grotty. There is construction work going on around our house so coupled with the dust from that and spiders spinning webs, I find I need to wipe down my washing line every couple of weeks to prevent the clean clothes picking it up.
QUICK AND EASY STEPS TO CLEAN THE CLOTHES LINE:
- Get a dry cloth and wipe away any spider webs.
- Fill a bucket/bowl with warm water and a squirt of dish detergent.
- Using a sponge (or a scourer for stubborn marks) wipe over each line removing all dirt build up.
- Allow to dry.
- If you do have spiders sitting on your clothes line, spray some of my natural spider repellent onto a cloth and wipe over each of the lines to help prevent them coming back.
- Finished – as easy as that!
Have you ever cleaned your washing line?
note: this post was originally published on 1st March 2011, republished with new photo.