It doesn’t take too much for the microwave to become a mess. Reheating spaghetti bolognese comes to mind, when it gets too hot and spits up the sides, which then requires a good wipe down. Here are my tips on how to clean the microwave only using water, vinegar, and steam!
HOW TO CLEAN THE MICROWAVE
- Half fill a glass jug, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Place in microwave and turn on for 5 min. (this will loosen all the food)
- Remove glass jug
- Remove the glass turntable from microwave, clean in a sink filled with warm soapy water and dry.
- Remove the rotating element the plate sits on, clean and dry. This will give you easier access to the dirt in the microwave.
- Wipe over inside of the microwave
- Place element and turntable back into the microwave
- Wipe over outside of microwave, polish if stainless steel.
ONCE A MONTH
- Remove microwave from the shelf.
- Wipe shelf to remove all dust.
- Wipe the microwave electrical cord, removing all dust particles and give the outside a wipe down too. Place back on the shelf.