Declutter your cleaning supplies as your task in Declutter 52 Things in 52 Weeks Challenge. This is a great way to remove all those things in your home you no longer need or use.
A few years ago I opened up my cupboard and realised I had far too many cleaning supplies. I had just about every spray you could think of, and many of them I didn’t like or use anymore! I set about decluttering my excessive stockpile of cleaning supplies, and now only have keep products I love and use regularly. Follow the steps so you do the same.
Decluttering Task #42
A while ago I took a stocktake of the many cleaning supplies I had in my cupboard, I found there were some that I just didn’t use, or were nearly empty. I reorganised my cupboard under the kitchen sink and only kept products that I use and I love.
TODAY’S TASK: PURGE AS MANY CLEANING PRODUCTS AS YOU CAN
Note: My definition of purge – sell, donate, repurpose or throw away items as you see fit
- Look at your cleaning supplies and see what storage solutions aren’t working.
- Remove everything from your cleaning cupboard or cleaning caddy, grouping like items together.
- Determine what items and cleaners you haven’t used in over 12 months and consider purging them.
- Consider replacing specific cleaning products that you don’t really use with others that you will use.
- Add any new and/or your current storage products in your cupboard to help you keep it organised.
- Place items you don’t use often towards the back of your cleaning cupboard, or at the bottom of your cleaning caddy.
I’ve love to also have a cleaning caddy with all of my main cleaning supplies. This way I can carry the caddy from room to room and clean the house quicker and more efficiently.
CHECK OUT what I have in my cleaning kit.
CONQUER YOUR CLEANING with my instantly downloadable Cleaning Checklist