It’s week 17 of my Declutter 52 Things in 52 Weeks Challenge. If you haven’t signed up yet, join me today as I help you remove all those things in your home you no longer need or use.
Is there exercise equipment in your house that you rarely use? I think this is something most of us can relate to. We buy hand weights, an exercise bike, or even a treadmill, thinking it’ll inspire us to get fit and fabulous… but it just makes us feel deflated.
I am passionate about healthy living, but a dusty piece of gym equipment that is making you feel less about yourself is not healthy.
The Declutter 52 things in 52 Week Challenge is completely FREE!! I publish new task on the blog each Wednesday. Sign up to my daily emails so you don’t miss when the next tasks is live. Alternatively, visit the blog each Wednesday to see the latest task.
Please share a photo of your space each week on Instagram using hashtag #declutter52 and tag @theorganisedhousewife
Decluttering Task #17
Three years ago I purged my unused exercise equipment. I sold an exercise bike that was staring me down from the corner of the room, and it was an absolute game changer! Instead of feeling guilty about not using that bike, I was able to put more energy into getting outside and going for a walk with my kiddies and now I really enjoy going for a walk every morning in the fresh air with Zoe.
This top is so practical, I love the zip in the top, it fits my phone and great for keys or garage remote to get back into the house.
TODAY’S TASK: PURGE AS MANY PIECES OF UNUSED EXERCISE EQUIPMENT AS YOU CAN
Note: My definition of purge – sell, donate, repurpose or throw away items as you see fit
- What’s your most expensive piece of exercise equipment? Think about whether you’ve used it in the last year, and if not, list it for sale on Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace.
- Look at your exercise equipment and see what storage solutions aren’t working.
- Gather all your exercise equipment up, and group like items together.
- Determine what items you haven’t used in over 12 months and consider purging them.
- Add any new and/or your current storage products in your cupboard to help you keep it organised.
- Place items you don’t use often towards the back.
READ MORE: Healthy, Quick and Easy Snack & Lunch Ideas