Covering school books is one of those task that I despise. I moan and groan till the cows come home until I have completed it. However, I think my dilemma was the horrible metallic contact I was using, I had bubbles and creases all over. Metallic contact is very different to use compare to the clear contact, I find that alot easier to use.
This year I have started covering the kids school books a little differently. As I have 3 kids and over 40 books/scrapbooks to cover I didn’t go to much fancy effort.
Here are some ideas you may like to try:
- Coloured reusable covers purchased from office supply stores. Very easy to slip book into, like a dust cover. It is great value for money and hopefully I will be able to reuse next year.
- Marbig clear covers, again great value for money and super easy to place on books. I used wrapping paper underneath which the kids picked out.
- The popular brown paper and plastic combo
- Cover book using gift bags
- Add comic strips to the front
- A bag from your favourite store
- Scrapbook paper
- Clear or coloured contact
- Butchers paper the kids have drawn or painted on
- or……Metallic contact, if you really have to…lol.
Items to use to decorate books
- Old birthday/Christmas cards
- Images from a calendar
- Magazine pictures
- there are so many ideas.
This was such gorgeous wrapping paper for $1, cut in half and was able to cover 2 books. I then used the Marbig Book Covers to protect the paper/book.
Inside of book, covered just like a present
Another book cover slip, but coloured
Love these gorgeous That’s Mine bookplates
My son wanted harry potter contact, so instead I printed an image that I found online, stuck it to some black wrapping paper, then added the clear cover.
Thankyou to the wonderful people at Marbig for sending me their latest Flash Book Covers which absolultely saved my sanity this year.