This is madness that mid year school holidays are approaching, it is crazy how fast the months have flown. I must admit I really don’t like how quick time seems to pass lately, I started this blog when my eldest two (twins) were 7, now they are 13. I have been in my new house for 6 months now, seriously I am going to blink and my kids will be driving. I want life to slow down a little.
As always I have part of our holidays planned out, we are going on a weekend away, I need to buy the twins new winter clothes, kids will hang out with their friends, movie nights, sleep ins, relaxing and a few areas of the house I want to work on. Most days will be spontaneous but so I don’t forget anything I use my Mums School Holiday Planner and List and write tasks for the kids to do over the holidays too. I might even fill out the Honey To-Do List to get my hubby to complete a few jobs for me too.
The printables above are all available in my shop as an instant download:
- School holiday planner
- Mums school holiday to-do lists
- Mums school holiday checklist
- Save 20% off when you purchase them as in a bundle set
Mum’s School Holiday Checklist
I will also go through my usual ‘Mum’s School Holiday Checklist’ to make sure the kids are ready to go back to school.
- Vacuum out school bags with the brush attachment
- Give school bags a wipe down with liquid detergent and warm water, hang on the line to dry
- Wash lunch bags, brush through the zipper area to get all the trapped food, hang on the line to dry
- Give the ice bricks a good wash
- Give the drink bottles a good scrub inside and out
- Wash shoes with a damp cloth, allow to dry, sprinkle with bicarb to remove any smells, then polish
- Soak their school socks in nappy san for a day, then wash. This will get them back to a crisp white removing a lot of dirt that doesn’t come out in the normal wash
- Mend uniforms
- Tidy up their hair ties
- Tidy up the homework area
- Try and use up as much pantry food as I can
- Restock the freezer with more baking for lunch boxes
HOW TO CLEAN SLIMY DRINK BOTTLES – Some drink bottles come with very small opening making it hard to get a sponge or a brush in there for a good, I have a clever trick to clean out the slime inside the drink bottles. Read more.
BUDGET FRIENDLY SCHOOL ORGANISATION STATION – An organised space to help reduce the stress of back to school. Keeping uniforms, lunchbox, papers etc organised. Read more.
FREEZABLE LUNCHBOX IDEAS
BANANA & HONEY MUFFINS -I always buy bananas on our weekly grocery shop, some weeks they are eaten up quickly, others they aren’t. Usually I leave them as long as possible in the fruit bowl and then freeze them for future baking. These BAnana & Honey Muffins are one of my go-to recipes to use up bananas. View recipe.
APPLE & OAT MUFFINS -These muffins are delicious and reasonably healthy! Filled with wholemeal flour, oats and apples, you could even add in some sultanas if you wanted. View recipe.
BANANA & DATE MUFFINS – Great healthy muffin recipe. View recipe.
100+ COOKIES FROM 1 MIX – You can either freeze a log of cookie batter, or bake all the cookies and freeze the lot. View recipe.