Recipe Type: Main Meal
Thankyou to reader Kristen for sharing one of her family favourite meals
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 large oniion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 250g small button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- I use 3 stock cubes in boiling water)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Microwave oil and butter in a deep 2-litre capacity microwave-safe dish for 1 minute.
- Add onion and microwave on High for 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, mushrooms, stock, wine and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover loosley and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Remove and stir well.
- Microwave, covered, for a further 8 minutes, or until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy in texture.
- Cover and leave to stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir gently with a fork and serve with parmesan cheese.