Bacon Pasta Bake
- 250g pasta (our choice is macaroni)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 shortcut bacon, chopped
- 410g can chopped tomato & herbs
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- ¾ cup cheese, grated
- Cook pasta following packing instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in frypan add onion and garlic stirring until onion is almost soft.
- Add bacon and continue stirring until crisp.
- Add tomato and tomato paste, continue stirring for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Once pasta has cooked toss together the pasta and sauce.
- Spoon into a casserole dish, sprinkle on cheese
- Cook in 180C oven for 25-30min, or until cheese has melted
By Kat - The Organised Housewife