This Bacon Pasta Bake is a quick and reasonably light pasta bake, compared to the pasta bakes I usually make with loads of mince.
While the macaroni is cooking (I used macaroni as it’s quick to cook) brown the onion and bacon, then add the tomato and paste to create a sauce.
Then stir the sauce through the cooked pasta, spoon into a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven.
Bake till cheese is golden.
Bacon Pasta Bake
- 250g pasta (our choice is macaroni)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 shortcut bacon, chopped
- 410g can tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup cheese, grated
- Cook pasta following packing instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in frypan multiReplace” id=”46″ data-gr-id=”46″>add onion and garlic stirring until onion is almost soft.
- Add bacon and continue stirring until golden brown.
- Add tomatos and tomato paste, continue stirring for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Once pasta has cooked toss together the pasta and sauce.
- Spoon into a casserole dish,
sprinkle multiReplace” id=”42″ data-gr-id=”42″>on cheese.
- Cook in 180C oven for 20-25min, or until cheese has melted.
By Kat – The Organised Housewife
This is also a great meal to reheat for lunch the next day.