Today’s pre-challenge task is to create a cleaning kit and ensure you have all items needed on hand. I have included 3 printables for you, download links below.
- The Organised Housewife Cleaning Kit Checklist – this is a list of everything I use in my cleaning bucket
- Blank Cleaning Kit Checklist – create your own list of items you use when cleaning
- Shopping List – as you think of items you need throughout this challenge write them on the shopping list so you don’t forget
I purchased a household cleaning bucket from Woolworths, with a handy insert that sits in top for smaller items. I carry my cleaning kit around to each room in the house along with a plastic shopping bag to pop in rubbish and wipes as I have finished using them.
You can see details of my kit here and how I use each product.
There are a few changes I have made to my kit since I created it.
- I now use my Homemade All Purpose Cleaner for all surfaces with a cloth
- We let the shower go for a few weeks without cleaning it and the vinegar/bicarb couldn’t remove the mould. I do like this combination for a weekly clean, however for those times that it needs a good scrub I use Easy-off BAM Active Foam with a scrubbing brush. I have heard that oil of cloves works really well, which is a great natural alternative.
We need the all important vacuum or broom to clean the floors. We will be using the brush attachment on the vacuum throughout the month, but if you don’t have one a cloth with a rubber band over the end would be fine.
I don’t use a broom, instead I use a stickvac to pick up crumbs, dirt and dust between my weekly cleans.
Mop and Bucket
I have tried many mops over my time, but I have to admit that the Vileda Ultra Max Mop is brilliant. With the soft mop head it glides easily over my tiles making mopping a much quicker process. The mop heads can be put in the wash to be reused next time. If you use this mop you do need to use the Vileda mop bucket as they team together for wringing out the mop.
I use a combination of Vinegar, baking soda, dish detergent and water. More details later.
Please note that all these products mentioned in this post are what I use personally and are NOT sponsored links
The Organised Housewife Cleaning Kit List (place in checklist divider)
Blank Cleaning Kit List (place in checklist divider)
Shopping List (place in notes divider)