Please share your progress of today’s challenge below
Bathrooms - Aah the bathrooms, if neglected they become quite grotty. The key to the bathroom is to routinely clean it which will then reduce the amount of scrubbing you will need to do.
Today’s cleaning task is to do the following in all your bathrooms:
- Spray your shower with shower cleaner, leave for 10 minutes. While waiting:
- Using all purpose cleaner remove the hard water build up around the taps, using a toothbrush if needed
- Remove the buildup in the drain
- Clean mirror
- Clean toothbrush holder (I put ours in the dishwasher)
- Wipe over vanity and all other items sitting on vanity
- Wipe over and refill soap dispenser
- Wipe over window sills
- Clean window
- Wipe bathtub and tiles
- Wipe over sink
- Depending how dirty your shower is, use a brush to give the screen and grout a good scrub
- Rinse shower
- Clean toilet
Here are a few posts I have shared previously about organising the bathroom room:
- Organising the kids bathroom
- More bathroom cleaning tips
- Organising the kids shower
- More inspirational bathroom images
- More bathroom organising tips
- Declutter expired beauty products
Bathroom vanity bench – Remove as much as you can from your bathroom vanity to make it look tidier and easier for you to clean. I use a toothbrush holder that is suctioned to the mirror to make it easier to wipe the bench. This holder was purchased from woolworths.
Shower caddy - I adore my hubby, he has always cleaned our shower as I am very sensitive to a lot of chemicals. To make it easier for him I put together a shower caddy (peg basket from Howards Storage World), it includes Dettol Power & Pure Bathroom Trigger, a scrubbing brush and a bathroom scrubber cloth. The brush is for removing mould buildup on grout and the cloth is to wipe over the shower screens and silverware. It stays in the shower until the caddy and contents are dry, I put it away that evening.
Clear and wipe your bathroom vanity. While you are brushing your teeth, put away all items left on your vanity. Once finished wipe your vanity bench and sink. I keep a microfibre cloth in my vanity cupboard. Wipe the vanity bench and sink each or every 2nd day.
Wash the lines on your clothes line, removing all the dust and dirt build up. More details here.
Day 6 checklist (place in tasks divider)