Thank you to the Hip Kids for sponsoring todays challenge tasks
unique and funky kids toys, furniture and cubby houses
Please share your progress of the challenge below
The cornices - Despite getting my house regularly pest controlled I still get the odd little bugs nestled into my cornices. Todays task is clean away any dust or bugs hanging from your cornices or ceilings. There are a few different ways you can clean them:
- With a cobweb broom
- A stocking over the end of a normal broom, will make it easier to clean the broom
- Use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner
- if you don’t have a brush attachment secure a sock or rag to the end of your vacuum nozzle with a rubber band.
I prefer to use the vacuum with brush attachment.
Kids artwork – This would have to be one of the hardest decluttering tasks, purging kids artwork. I get little scraps of paper with notes, beautiful drawings, huge pieces of butchers paper with scribbles all over, and cardboard creations. Unfortunately we can’t keep them all.
I keep a box for each of my kids to store all their artwork, a few times throughout the year I will go through the box and keep anything that is truly special and purge the rest.
Kids Artwork - Now that you have gone through the kids artwork consider some of the ideas below to display their creations.
1. Create a wall gallery, find more details here.
2. Scan into a digital photo frame, see more details here
3. Create a special place to hang their creations, see more details here
- Use as wrapping paper
- Post to grandparents, aunts or uncles
- Laminate and use as a placemat
- Scan and make as wallpaper on your computer
- Use to create personalised gifts for Christmas such as phone covers or bags
Kids Drawings - When kids come home with their creations display as you need and then place straight into the box allocated for their drawings.
While you have the vacuum out de-cobwebbing the house, use the brush attachment to remove dust from your bathroom exhaust fan
Day 13 checklist (place in tasks divider)