I give my microwave a wipe over each week. My microwave manual it recommends not to use harsh chemicals or abrasives, so I usually fill my sink with warm soapy water and use this with my sponge to wipe down the microwave.
HOW TO CLEAN MICROWAVE
- Half fill a glass jug, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Place in microwave and turn on for 5 min. (this will loosen all the food)
- Remove glass jug
- Remove the glass turntable from microwave, clean and dry.
- Remove the rotating element the plate sits on, clean and dry. This will give you easier access to the dirt in the microwave.
- Wipe over inside of mircowave
- Place element and turntable back into microwave
- Wipe over outside of micowave, polish if stainless steel.
Once a month,
- Remove microwave from shelf.
- Wipe shelf to remove all dust.
- Wipe the microwave electrical cord, removing all dust particals and give the outside a wipe down too. Place back on shelf.
- If there are any sticky or grimy parts, wring sponge slighly for a small amount of water to sit ontop of grim for a minute.