Prior to my kids starting prep I found some great tracing fonts to help them with their handwriting. This helped them to learn their name and make a start on the rest of the alphabet. This was a great beginning step, however once they started school they needed to learn the new Queensland Cursive style. I found a font the QCursive font, typed up the alphabet in word then printed for them to use as direction with their homework.
I have bundled together a selection of fonts which may help you to create something to help your child. Click on the links under each image to download a particular font. These step by step instruction may help to to on how to install fonts.
I spent quite awhile trying to find the fonts for all states of Australia, however I couldn’t find any free versions for you…sorry.
More great resources
- Handy worksheet showing how Queensland Cursive letters connect from learningplace.com.au
- Great website and free resource for worksheets to suit your state Kidzcopy
- You can purchase the font to suit your state here: Aussie School Fonts Deluxe
- Blank lined handwriting worksheets can be found here
- Home schooling downunder explains about the different Australian handwriting styles (image credit)